weekend sewing success.

 

I love it when a sewing project works out, and lately I feel like I’ve been mostly striking out. So finally, a success. How sweet it is.

 

floral blouse

Here’s the pattern, which I adapted into a blouse.

jamie christina miz mozelle dress pattern

The translation wasn’t difficult. I started with a muslin version to test the fit and for placing the darts that I added to the front and back. I also lengthened the bodice and curved the hemline. When I got all of that to work, I updated the pattern pieces, said a prayer, and cut it out. The prayer was because I only had 1 yard of fabric. And guess what, it worked!* And that even included making the bias tape to match! I was stoked.     (*I am kinda short. 1 yard may not work for all sizes.)

.

I’ll be making this one again.

.

2 thoughts on “weekend sewing success.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>