Archive | weekend projects

recently made: ledger top

ledger top_carolyn friedlander

 

As we get closer to the release of my next fabric line (this fall), I’ve been scoping out new clothing patterns to try when it’s here. I’ve already been working on some new quilts, but clothes are also important (/fun). Plus it gives me the excuse to make them.

 

While prowling a bit online I found this version (here) of Lisette 0450 (or 2245? not sure why the numbers are different) and was instantly curious. Plus, I happened to have the pattern already in my stash. (Woohoo for pattern hoarding!)

 

lisette 0450

 

 

The fabric Laura chose was great, and I thought the piping at the neckline was a smart detail. She also blogged about it here, which was helpful in thinking about my own.

 

Overall I stuck pretty closely to pattern, but lengthened it and added a slight curve to the hemline. In the future, I’ll lengthen it just a tad more and further exaggerate the curved hem. I really like the bias cuffs at the sleeves and chose not to interface them, which was a good call. The piping is definitely a must, and I can see playing that up in future versions, as well as playing with a contrasting neck and cuff.

 

The fit is pretty good and quite comfortable. I ended up taking it in a bit in the back seam and might play around with bringing in the sides a little more too. (I guess I could have just made a smaller size…) But with the shape being a bit boxy, you kind of want to find that sweet spot where you don’t look too truncated. Or at least I do since I don’t have much length myself. Someone taller could probably pull off the fuller shape without as much tweaking.

 

In the end it’s a good pattern that came together relatively quickly and easily. I’ll look forward to making it again.

 

ledger top neck_carolyn friedlander

Comments: 2 | Leave a comment


recent weekend makings.

It’s been fun slipping in a few non-market related items over the last few weekends.

The first was a camera strap for my sister and her brand new camera.

 

lauries camera strap

made from the camera strap pattern in this booklet.

(fabric credits : stamped, dear stella, and some architextures)

 

lauries camera strap_2

Then there was a Super Tote.

supertote outside_noodlehead

Except I added cording to the entire front. (Would have added to the back too but ran out…)

supertote outside fabric

Pleated gusset is a sweet lil detail.

supertote pleat

Loving the elast-i-fied inside pockets. They will hold a TON.

supertote insides

Great pattern.

(fabric credits : stamped, Yoshiko Jinzinji, Robert Kaufman linen, and some architextures)

And finally some wiksten tanks that I’d been dying to make. These suckers go together nice and fast–I whipped out 2 in one day.

First with tsuru.

wiksten tank_tsuru

wiksten tank_tsuru

Then with some architextures.

wiksten tank_architextures_carolyn friedlander

wiksten tank_architextures_carolyn friedlander

I’m going to be living in these this summer.

Comments: 3 | Leave a comment


Site by Spunmonkey.